This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Non-NHS/Private Services

Medical Certificates

non_nhs_servicesThe first 7 calendar days of an illness are covered by form SC2 (Self Certificate) which is available from your employer. Medical certificates are not issued for this period by any of the doctors.

Illness causing more than 7 days absence requires an NHS certificate for which you should see your doctor. (There are obvious exceptions where we can fill out the certificate after receiving a medical report from the hospital without you needing an appointment e.g. for leg fractures) If you require a medical certificate for any other purpose, a private certificate can be issued for which a fee is payable.

Services Attracting a Private Fee

  • HGV, PSV & Fitness to drive medicals.
  • Driving Licence Photocard Applications
  • Holiday Cancellation
  • Private Sickness Certificate
  • Fitness to travel certificate
  • Adoption Medical
  • Sports Medical Examination
  • Employment/pre-employment medical examination
  • Private Medical Claim Form, ie BUPA PPP etc
  • Private Letter (To whom it may concern)

Non NHS fees

Non NHS travel fees

Please note as medical examinations require long appointments you must give 24 hours notice to cancel the appointment if you are unable to attend. Failure to attend an appointment for a private medical without adequate notice will incur a charge of 50% of what the examination would have cost.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website