The more you know about your pregnancy and your options, the more you are likely to feel in control. The information given here is based on The Pregnancy Book, which your midwife should give you at your first appointment.
Before you are pregnant
- Colchester Appointments - 01206 742501
- Antenatal Assessment Unit - 01206 742482
- Antenatal Clinic - 01206 742483
- Lexden Ward - 01206 742032
- Patient Education Co-ordinator (for booking places on: Breastfeeding, Labour, Waterbirth Workshops) - 01206 742424
- Colchester - 01206 742369
- Clacton - 01255 201600
- Harwich - 01255 503700
When you are in labour:-
- Juno Midwifery Led Unit - 01206 742322
- Consultant Unit - 01206 845240
Your pregnancy and labour
You and your baby
General pregnancy topics
Whooping Cough and Pregnancy
There is a lot of whooping cough around at the moment and babies who are too young to start their vaccinations are at greatest risk. Expectant mothers can help protect their babies by getting vaccinated against whooping cough from week 20 of their pregnancy.
If you have an antenatal appointment booked in the next couple of weeks with the midwife you will be offered the vaccination at your routine appointment.
If you do not have an appointment booked or you are near to your delivery date please contact reception to book an appointment
Please click on this link more information:- Whooping Cough Fact Sheet
Click below to see a video for your information.